Friday, June 19, 2009

Time Grows Near...

Next Weekend is Field Day...

Time for a setup shakedown. Clean off the table, wake the kids, turn off the TV... This Sunday, I am gonna unpack the crap again, set it up and make a contact.

But wait! What about an antenna? I am certain I can whip something up... after all this IS a ham radio station here - K1XH. Besides, I have an LDG tuner, I should be able to tune a window shade into a 75M something-or-other. But make a contact? Jeez, i haven't done that in months!

And labels! I gotta make labels and label everything, especially connectors, or I will never get them back. That, and dig out some coax. Lord knows we will probably need it. I think the computer setup is ready, I have been tuning things for a couple weeks now as time permits. With the end of the school year and graduation, including all the graduation parties (another one tonite) things have been hectic to say the least. The weather looks shitty for the next few days so I think it will be safe to spend some time insuring all the gear is ready to go.

No comments: